Saturday, June 14, 2008

My first published book = I Was Planted in the Wind




I was only human when I was born. Only human. I’ve grown to discover this. Sadly though, when I was young, when I was not bound by choices and obligations, when I slept on the beds and ate the food in which I knew not any origin, when I was young, I thought I was invincible. I thought that the trees and the swing set was life. I thought mom would be mommy forever and daddy likewise. I thought that GOD was just some part of the air lingering in the clouds up there with the sun, moon and stars. Closer to a fabrication made by grown ups. Jesus a mere story, love a mere hope. Never did I think that dying was real or that people cried for more reasons than getting a spanking by their mommies. These things did not occur…when I was invincible.
Now everyone has a cell phone and an email account. When I was invincible I had toys. Things I could make fly in my hands and talk with my voice, scream with my impression of pain... pain I had not the slightest impression of. But I would make them scream because I was screaming inside this world of illusions and routines. Years could only begin to show the complexity of it all. I have yet still to understand. To understand why and to ask questions were a blur. One vision was encouraging the other yet both were dimmed in the shadows of confusion. Something was holding me… while something was trying to let me fall. To be born into sin is indescribable. To be born into Jesus is beyond measure.--
Excerpt from Book I Was Planted in the Wind-- By: Nicole L Hibbert

No comments: